On August 28, 2020, the State released the Blueprint for a Safer Economy to permit the gradual reopening of certain businesses and activities. Counties are assigned tiers that are updated weekly and determined by the county’s case rate and test positivity rate.
You can check the open or closed status of more than 100 kinds of businesses or activities at the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
For the safety of our customers and staff, we will be taking some precautions:
1. Following the guidance of the CDC and public health experts, we require employees and customers to wear face coverings in our store. We ask our employees to refrain from entering the store if they have a fever or any other COVID symptoms. We ask that our customers also refrain from entering our store and the Plaza if they have COVID symptoms, as posted around the Plaza.
2. We are taking measures to make sure all surfaces in the store are kept clean and sanitized throughout the day.
3. A hand sanitizer station is set up at the front of the store and at the cash register for customer use.
4. Employees will maintain 6 feet of social distancing standards. We ask customers to please do the same.
5. In-store shopping is currently limited to 50% capacity at a time to ensure safe social distancing.
6. All of our storytimes and events are held outdoors and customers are expected to follow COVID guidelines as well.
7. We have placed signs around the store asking customers to not touch our products.
We are offering alternative shopping methods for those who may be homebound during this time:
1. Shop online at www.sandcastletales.com
We’re currently offering curbside/in-store pickup and free local delivery to 92014 zip code. Be sure to select ‘in-store pickup’ at checkout. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready for pick up or to be dropped off.
2. Book a private appointment with our sales clerks
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected to one of our amazing sales clerks.
3. Call us to place an order
Give us a call at 858-777-2085, we’re happy to help shop along with you.
Due to limited staff availability, this website is not updated daily. Please refer to the San Diego county Safe Reopening information posted here and the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy for the most up-to-date information.